ad·ven·ture·less: a lack of unusual or exciting experiences

7.11.2006

Billy and Franklin Graham

Jessi, Dad and Mom at Phillips Restaurant
Early Sunday morning, I hopped on a choir bus from church to go up to Baltimore to a Billy and Franklin Graham Festival in Camden Park (go Orioles!). I met up with Mom and Dad (who had already been there a couple of days with some friends) and went to lunch at Phillips Seafood Restaurant. Unfortunately, as I do not like seafood (or any animals still in their original form), I was not overjoyed when my flounder came out with a tail and thousands of splinter-sharp microscopic bones. I really tried to eat it, but YUCK! =) Mom and I swapped and I ate one of Baltimore's famous crabcakes.

Jessi and Dad at Baltimore's Inner Harbor
We then explored Baltimore's inner harbor. The day was perfect- not too hot or humid, sunny and bright, on the water; what more could you want? Mom bought me a beautiful light green shell bracelet from a boardwalk vendor (thanks Mom!) and we searched for a Ben & Jerry's to no avail.

Billy Graham (top left) and Cliff Barrows (bottom right)
I was thrilled to see Billy Graham; I've always heard of him and feel like he's a friend. Franklin Graham, Cliff Barrows, and George Beverly Shea were also there, and I especially loved worshiping with the Newsboys from Australia. They were great.

5 Comments:

Blogger Joy said...

Sounds like a great time...although I do agree w/you about the fish!

9:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did the Newsboys have their revolving drumset there? I've ALWAYS wanted to play it! This is Shani, btw:)

12:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Aunt Jessi, I made a cafe in my room and read this just before making a menu, Now on the lunch/diner menu It says Aunt Jessi's Fish specil!!!=Chloe

9:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

10:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

6:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home